One of my goals why I am writing this blog is to encourage women out there to do triathlon. Well, for a start maybe at least just swim or bike or run or probably any exercise that will keep one fit and ready for some longer and strennous training. Let me share here some items that I have read or experienced which hopefully will convince women and men to start being active….
According to an article from the Illinois Department of public health regular physical activity that is performed on most days of the week reduces the risk of developing or dying from some of the leading causes of death in the United States. Regular physical activity improves health in the following ways:
Reduces the risk of dying prematurely
Reduces the risk of dying from heart disease
Reduces the risk of developing diabetes
Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer
Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety
Helps to build and maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints
Helps older adults become stronger and better able to move about without falling
Promotes psychological well-being
Helps to control weight, build lean muscle mass and reduce body fat
Prevents or delays the development of high blood pressure and helps reduce blood pressure in adolescents and adults with hypertension
Helps release stress
An article from the Wall Street Journal also mentioned that a 60 minute a day moderate exercise can avoid an increase in weight for women consuming a regular diet. A group of women who performed regular exercise has also been a case study for several years in the United States. It has been proven that women who sustained regular exercise through out the years are the least to have osteoporosis. Likewise this reduces the risks of fall or injuries in the future commonly caused by – osteoporosis.
So what is the best way to start an exercise?
- Picking up the children’s toys (but they should know how to pack away their toys too)
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator
- Carrying your toddler instead of asking the nannie to do it for you, great arms I guarantee!
- Signing up for some community exercises or join the village walk, run or yoga
- Park several blocks from your office instead and enjoy the walk, just make sure you have enough time not to be late, otherwise you will enjoy the RUN
- Buying the correct pair of running shoes (stores usually has a computer to analyze the best shoes for you) some comfortable and dry fit sports short and shirt can motivate you
- Signing up for a swim class is the wisest way to start swimming as swim coaches will correct your stroke for a swifter and more efficient swim
- Biking in the park with that dusty bike in your garage will be very relaxing. Just make sure you have your helmet on.